Sunlight of the Spirit

I'm living life one day at time, traveling along in the sunlight of the Spirit. And I don't let anyone get between me and my light...I belong to the most amazing circle of women friends. I know that with them, nothing is impossible.

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Anxiety?

I've been kind of anxious and sort of blue lately. It's probably not too unexpected considering everything that's going on. Still, it feels pretty yucky. I think some of it is survivor's guilt. Some of it is related to going back to work and feeling so tired. Some is related to my son and what he's going through. And there's the wedding next weekend. A lot of my past and my present will be there staring me right in the face. It's not a big deal, really, since I've cleaned up the wreckage of my past and I work to keep it that way today. But I have to admit to a little anxiety about seeing a few of the people who will be there. God, please help me to remember that this day is about Lee and Jessie and NOT ABOUT ME. I'm so pleased that a couple of my sisters will be there for their special day. It will be a lovely wedding, and I'm very excited. My hot date for the evening will be my youngest son. I am so overjoyed at going to his Bubba's wedding with him.

Today I am grateful for:

AA. The rooms, the people, the lessons have all helped me maintain a semblance of sanity these last few days. Hey - a semblance is better than none at all.

My big sister who drove all the way to H town for a visit last weekend and spent an entire day just hanging out with me. We had a wonderful time.

Friends, old and new.

Molten chocolate cake at Chili's with Lex, her terrific boys and MAC.

God, as I understand Him. He brings me so much peace.

The ability to accept people as they are and to let them be where they need to be.

7 Comments:

  • At 2:37 PM, Blogger Tab said…

    I wish I knew where our anxiety comes from ?!It is probably good that you get this out of your system now and not in the middle of the wedding day.Hope you will find self assurance and peace as you get dolled up and head out the door.
    Thanks for sharing ~

     
  • At 9:23 AM, Blogger Tab said…

    Hi Trace,
    Just a note to say HI...
    Hope you are doing good !
    Miss ya ~

     
  • At 6:30 AM, Blogger Scott W said…

    Time for a new post!

     
  • At 8:59 AM, Blogger Corrie said…

    Miss you...

     
  • At 5:21 PM, Blogger Tab said…

    z z z z z mizz you......

     
  • At 8:10 PM, Blogger Trudging said…

    Hey, where are you honey!

     
  • At 5:36 AM, Blogger Gwen said…

    This is my first time here. Hope things are OK ~ I see you have not posted in awhile. Maybe just busy.

    I too get anxiety. It really sucks. I find with the God of my understanding and a few other tricks like good sleep, food and exercise I seem to get by.

    Take care,
    Gwen

     

Post a Comment

<< Home