Sunlight of the Spirit

I'm living life one day at time, traveling along in the sunlight of the Spirit. And I don't let anyone get between me and my light...I belong to the most amazing circle of women friends. I know that with them, nothing is impossible.

Saturday, June 03, 2006

The Weekend Is Here

It's very weird. Since I'm not working the days all kind of run together, until I talked to my son this morning I didn't realize it was Saturday. I'm feeling lots better lately, and actually have plans to go with my kids to an Astros game this afternoon. I hope I'll be able to make it through the whole game. Our seats are really good, and I won't have to do a lot of walking, so I'm hoping it will be okay. I have a tendency to overdo things a bit and then pay for it later, and I'm hoping this isn't pushing my luck. We'll see. One of the most difficult things for me to grasp is that it takes me so long to do such simple stuff. Like getting dressed. It takes me forever just to get showered, dressed and enough makeup on to be presentable. Then I'm wiped out and just about need a nap!

I'm so grateful for Jeanna and Lex. The last few weeks would have been absolutely unbearable without them. They've watched over me, called, come by, housed me, gone to the store, and all kinds of stuff. They've taken such good care of me. Lots of other friends have helped out and checked on me, but these two have gone way above and beyond. They are my heart. I really can't imagine how dull my life would be without them.

Today I am grateful for:

A chance to hang out with my kids. Just a few short years ago they wouldn't have asked.

My friends in the program and my online buddies who have helped me so much just by listening. God bless and keep and you all.

7 Comments:

  • At 3:16 PM, Blogger Tab said…

    good friends,cool kiddos,no stitches,ball game..sounds great!

     
  • At 5:24 AM, Blogger NMAMFQLMSH said…

    Go Red Sox!
    Sounds like fun Tracie.
    Hug Lexxie Lu for me.
    I see you,
    JJ

     
  • At 8:57 AM, Blogger Lex-Sunshine said…

    You're awesome! I'm SO glad you're blogging again and I'm SO grAAteful to be a part of your life!!! What would I do without you!?!!?!?!? That's the real question!

     
  • At 12:44 PM, Blogger Corrie said…

    I agree with Lex. You are wonderful and I am glad that you are feeling better. It is good to see you back inside the rooms.

     
  • At 4:47 PM, Blogger Trudging said…

    Fun!

     
  • At 7:26 PM, Blogger Shannon said…

    I am glad you are blogging again too to lexi I said hellloooo!

     
  • At 7:40 PM, Blogger Tab said…

    The weekend is over...its Tuesday!
    Time for a new post :P
    Just kidding..post when ya can..
    hope your doing well in your recouping ...and in everday life:)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home