Sunlight of the Spirit

I'm living life one day at time, traveling along in the sunlight of the Spirit. And I don't let anyone get between me and my light...I belong to the most amazing circle of women friends. I know that with them, nothing is impossible.

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Living the Blessed Life

Ever had one of those weekends? You know the kind. It was just lovely. It really started on Thursday, with lunch with Jeanna and her girls and some of the best pizza on the planet for my birthday. It was soooo lovely. On Friday my son Lee and his fiance took her mother and I to dinner for our birthday (we share the same birthday). My younger son and one of Lee's oldest friends (Zach was in my Cub Scout den when the boys were in 3rd grade and they've been best friends and co-conspirators ever since) also came to dinner. I ate too much, laughed too hard, and topped it off with too much dessert. It was a blast. On Saturday, Lex and Laurie threw me a little surprise birthday party, complete with double chocolate fudge cake and tiara! Just when I thought it didn't get any better than that, I got to hang out with Lex and watch my friends play ball, then hang out with my youngest son and go to his Sunday night meeting with him. I swear, I just floated through the whole weekend. I can't believe it's over. I just feel very blessed. I'm curled up with a good movie (Ya Ya Sisterhood) and my pug dog, just kickin' back. Got a couple of things going on this week, including returning to work. Can't believe six weeks has flown by, but it has. I'm ready to go back, but getting back into the routine is going to be rough. I've missed everyone, and I've missed my job. I work at a great place with some really terrific people. I've been there forever so they're like family to me. Fortunately, most of them have called or been by or sent books or movies, and I've been able to have lunch them a couple of times. But still, it's time to go back.

Life is good. Today I'm grateful for:

Seeing the promises come true in my life.

Blessings that are too numerous to count.

My kids, Lex, Lee & Michael. They make every day seem like a special day.

My sisters, both blood and spiritual. They are my heart.

My friends who shower me with such unconditional love.

Sponsees who remind me how grateful I am to be me ;-)

My higher power, whom I choose to call God, who sees fit to bless me and care for me each and every day.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:52 AM, Blogger Tab said…

    Interesting that you and the other Mom share the same birthday!
    Sounds like an unforgettable weekend and I do understand that floating feeling.
    I just love your first line on your list today Tracie, isn't that what we all hope for ? Wonderful post:)
    Thanks for sharing ~

     
  • At 12:25 PM, Blogger Lex-Sunshine said…

    : ) I'm grateful to be a part of your wonderful weekend!!! : )

     
  • At 2:36 PM, Blogger NMAMFQLMSH said…

    I'm gald you had a great weekend.
    I see you,
    JJ

     

Post a Comment

<< Home