Sunlight of the Spirit

I'm living life one day at time, traveling along in the sunlight of the Spirit. And I don't let anyone get between me and my light...I belong to the most amazing circle of women friends. I know that with them, nothing is impossible.

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Just Plain Tired

Man oh man, what a week. I've done a lot of running and going the past few days. But it's all been good. I've had a lovely, uneventful, busy and productive week. I'm feeling so much better, I'm just amazed. I've had a little more energy each day, and have been able to get out and about quite a bit. I can't believe I go back to work in a week and a half. It hardly seems possible that I've been off work for 4 1/2 weeks, but I have. And I've needed every minute of each of those days to rest and recover. Still, it's getting to be time to go back. I'll be ready when the time comes.

The best part of the last week has been spending time with my youngest son. He started a new job (yeah!), and is feeling a lot better about himself. He got paid yesterday and it made a world of difference for his self-esteem. I've enjoyed our morning chats and the chance to spend some good, quality time with him. He's opened up more to me in the last week than in the last 20 years.

Today I am grateful for:

My baby and his sobriety. My wonderful friend Jeanna told me she had pondered what to get me for my AA birthday and realized that God had given me the greatest gift of all - seeing my child get sober. There are no words to describe what that has meant to me. What a HUGE gift.

My friends, in and out of the program. I've been blessed to be able to spend some time with them since I've been home and it's been terrific.

Great books to read - and the time to read them.

The return of some of my old energy. I missed it!

AA meetings and being able to just get out and make a nooner or two while I'm off.

God and how He watches over me and mine and you and yours.

4 Comments:

  • At 12:15 PM, Blogger Tab said…

    This is such an inspirational post!
    Thank you for sharing Tracie :)

     
  • At 8:32 PM, Blogger Scott W said…

    Happy to hear how well you are recovering. What a blessing for your son to have found the rooms, and the potential that lies therein.

     
  • At 12:36 PM, Blogger Lex-Sunshine said…

    I'm so proud of Michaelbro! : ) Isn't it neat to watch him? : )

     
  • At 7:48 PM, Blogger NMAMFQLMSH said…

    I am grateful you post and I can read it.
    I see you,
    JJ
    PS: Make sure to hug lexxie for me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home