Sunlight of the Spirit

I'm living life one day at time, traveling along in the sunlight of the Spirit. And I don't let anyone get between me and my light...I belong to the most amazing circle of women friends. I know that with them, nothing is impossible.

Friday, June 30, 2006

I Survived!

I made it through my first few days back at work. But man, did it kick my ass! Wednesday night, but the time I finally got home, I fell asleep in the bathtub (thank goodness my legs are so long - makes it difficult to slip down in the water), and smooth forgot my jammies when I finally did get in bed. I didn't move all night long and when the alarm went off Thursday morning I wanted to throw it through the window. But I didn't. I got up and went back to work. I don't know how much I accomplished those two days, but I was there. Even though I went to bed early last night, I woke up feeling like I'd been hit by a mack truck. I got a lot done at work though. And I'm so glad the weekend is here. I'm beat. I don't plan to do much of anything tomorrow except rest. And I'm profoundly grateful that I can do just that. Tonight will be spent hanging out at home, working with someone new, and going to bed early. And no alarm tomorrow! Yippppppeeeeee!!!!!!!! My dog better not be foolish enough to wake me up early.

Today I'm grateful for:

Being home at last. Feet up, coffee in hand, mindless television show on the boob tube.

My Starbuck's Gift Card from Lex. Two mornings in a row I treated myself to a latte on the way in. It's about the only way I could convince myself to keep going.

My friend Greg, who sent me a newcomer to work with for my birthday!

Steve and Linda, who I adore. Steve is literally living his life one day at a time, just trying to survive lung and brain cancer as long as he can. He's taught me so much about gratitude. She's taught me so much about unconditional love.

Dave, who is learning diplomacy, gentility and tact by being around Steve and helping him through this tough time. Watching him grow has been a huge lesson for me.

Lavendar and magnolia scented candles to take bubble baths by. And bubble baths.

Being sober for 2247 days, 18 hours, and 53 minutes. That's more than 194208845 sober heartbeats!

God, for making all of the above possible.

6 Comments:

  • At 5:32 PM, Blogger Tab said…

    My cat woke me up at 5am yesterday.
    (she is lucky I love her so much!)

    You sound pooped ~

    (falling asleep in tub not cool when you wake up cold and pruney!)

    Your insight to others experiences are surely to impact your (appreciation for life..

    I wish all your friends peace.

    And you lovely lady, relax and enjoy your weekend best you can :)

    Give that pug a kiss from Tab ..

    Thanks for sharing ~

     
  • At 6:14 PM, Blogger Matt said…

    I love candlelit bubble baths too! I just took one, and I'm now going to sit in front of the TV and watch mindless TV too. :)

    Congrats on surviving your return to work!

     
  • At 6:09 AM, Blogger NMAMFQLMSH said…

    Well I certainly hope you get the well deserved rest you need this weekend.
    I see you,
    JJ

     
  • At 4:15 PM, Blogger Lex-Sunshine said…

    : ) in the words of Mary... You are wonderful!!! but you should take it easier on yourself. we both should. Pot calling kettle...... : )

     
  • At 4:50 AM, Blogger Scott W said…

    Easy Does It!

     
  • At 11:02 AM, Blogger Tab said…

    Hi Tracie,
    I am stopping by to wish you a wonderful weekend :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home