Sunlight of the Spirit

I'm living life one day at time, traveling along in the sunlight of the Spirit. And I don't let anyone get between me and my light...I belong to the most amazing circle of women friends. I know that with them, nothing is impossible.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Feeling Human Again

I've actually been doing what I'm supposed to for the last couple of days. Which is nothing much at all. Just hanging out around the house with my Pugdog, watching movies, taking short walks and just generally resting. I felt better today than I have since my surgery. And it's a good thing, too. Because this was a very special evening. I got to watch Lex pick up her 18 month chip at our home group tonight. Would not have missed it for the world! It's amazing how God puts people in your life just at the time you need them. Congratulations, little one. I'm so proud of you, I could just burst.

I even got to wear normal clothes for the first time today. Okay, so the pants are normally a little big anyway, but they fit and they were comfortable and I didn't have to wear a Mimi Mumu. Tents don't work too well for me. I'm a pretty good sized gal, and, well, they just look like tents. Lex gets a kick out of my carping about the mumu dresses, which are really just little cotton sun dresses, but they feel like tents to me. But it felt really good to dress in regular clothes for the first time in nearly a month. It's the little things, you know?

And another special event. I took my son home to the place he's currently staying and we had a really good talk on the way home. A real talk. He had some things to say, and I listened. I had some things to say and he listened. It's been a while since I've gotten to spend time with him without some sort of argument erupting. But the last few weeks have given me the privilege of getting reaquainted with my very loving, very sweet son. He's hidden that side under a bushel of fear for a long time. Seeing this kind, gentle side again was a huge miracle. And yes, Lex, I cried. But you knew that, didn't you?

Today I am grateful for:

The miracles, big and small, that I'm allowed to witness and be present for each and every day.

Little things like being able to wear regular clothes again, a cool morning to walk my sweet dog, a great cup of coffee shared with a good friend...the list goes on.

Friends who are willing to share their experience, strength and hope with me.

A job with good insurance that allowed me to take care of my health.

A couple of truly great hugs tonight. I really need those.

My HP. I am so blessed.

4 Comments:

  • At 6:32 AM, Blogger Corrie said…

    I am so glad you are feeling better. I am sorry I missed Lex's 18 months last night. What a miracle we all are. Have a great week and I will see you this weekend.

    Love you,
    Corrie

     
  • At 6:42 AM, Blogger Scott W said…

    What an inspiring post. Please give my congratulations to Alexis.

     
  • At 9:59 AM, Blogger NMAMFQLMSH said…

    Woohoo...normal clothes! I'm glad you are feeling better and following doctor's orders. Hug Lexxie-Lu for me and give her an extra hug for 18 months!
    I see you,
    JJ

     
  • At 12:58 PM, Blogger Tab said…

    Feeling human is a good thing !

    The "Mimi"look isn't for you huh?
    lol...or Maude..remember her mumus?

    My heart filled with smiles when I read about your connecting with your son :)

    You and Lex have such a special bond it is always so touching to read about!

    Give Lex my contrats too :)

    Thanks for sharing Tracie~

     

Post a Comment

<< Home