Sunlight of the Spirit

I'm living life one day at time, traveling along in the sunlight of the Spirit. And I don't let anyone get between me and my light...I belong to the most amazing circle of women friends. I know that with them, nothing is impossible.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Yeah! They're gone!

No more stitches! What a relief. But the really cool thing - I'm cleared to drive again. Houston is a very vehicularly dependent kind of town in many ways. Still, I haven't had to do without just because I didn't have wheels. Sweet pea (Lex) has toted and hauled and picked up and been an absolute peach. My friends have called and come by and just been wonderful. But I sho' am glad to have my wheels back! The doc said everything is healing very nicely, and I don't see her again for another 4 weeks, when she releases me to return to work. So the first thing I did was (no surprise) run to the grocery story to pick up some stuff for dinner. I felt like a real grownup and everything, lol.

Short post tonight. I'm whupped. Absolutely worn out, which seems so silly since all I did was go to the grocery store and cook dinner. So I'm going to turn in pretty shortly. I get to go pick up my kiddo tomorrow. He's going to do a couple of things (change my oil, wash the truck, etc.) to earn a little spending money. He's got a couple of places he wants to go by and drop off job apps for, then we're going to have some dinner and go to my home group to celebrate my 6th AA birthday. It will be very special for me because he'll be a part of it.

Today I'm grateful for:

The rain. I love when God gives everything a nice washing.

My friends, both the close by and the virtual kind. I would have lost my mind without them. I am constantly amazed at how they encourage and lift me up.

The fellowship of Alcoholics Anonymous.

A roof over my head, food in the fridge and gas in my truck.

My large extended and ever growing family.

Lex and Jeanna.

6 Comments:

  • At 7:38 PM, Blogger Matt said…

    I love the rain too. :) Glad you are feeling better....

     
  • At 8:08 PM, Blogger Scott W said…

    Yes, the rain washes everything and it soothes my soul. Give me a thunderstorm anyday. How wonderful that your son gets to share in the celebration of your sixth year of sobriety. Things do change, huh?

     
  • At 8:46 AM, Blogger Tab said…

    Yeah..no more stitches...
    ((do'in the stitches out boogie!))

    That is heart warming to hear your son will be celebrating your 6th
    year of sobriety with you Tracie.

    As always, I thank you for sharing~

    ps.Love your supermom cape comment.
    Yep,I will hang it next to yours.

     
  • At 3:19 AM, Blogger Trudging said…

    Isn't it great to feel like a "real grownup"

     
  • At 3:09 PM, Blogger NMAMFQLMSH said…

    Boy you great!
    I see you,
    JJ

     
  • At 3:49 PM, Blogger Tab said…

    Here's wishing you a blissful
    stitch free weekend!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home