Sunlight of the Spirit

I'm living life one day at time, traveling along in the sunlight of the Spirit. And I don't let anyone get between me and my light...I belong to the most amazing circle of women friends. I know that with them, nothing is impossible.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Counting Down

In addition to all the other stuff going on, good bad and indifferent, I'm scheduled for some surgery soon. A week from today, as a matter of fact. I haven't been dwelling on it because I've had way too much else going on to even think about it. That's a God thing. I can obsess pretty well, if I do say so myself. So, I haven't had much time to think about it. Until today. Suddenly, today, it seems huge. I had a serious OHMYGAWD moment this morning and just froze. Now I'm running around like a madwoman trying to get a gazillion things done before I have surgery and have to be off work for 6 weeks. 6 weeks! The last time I took more than a week off work was when I checked myself into the local nut hut for a little detox and some new life skills. I've been working in the same office for 18 years and that was the only time I had ever taken more than just a few days. Until now. But, the surgery is necessary, and I'm going to follow my doctors' advice and take the time I need to heal. Until then, I have a ton of stuff to get started, finished, etc. People to contact, arrangements to make - well, you get the picture. But it will all get done or not, and all I can do is all I can do.

Today I am grateful for:

Having been at my job long enough to have enough sick and vacation time to be able to take all the time I need and not miss a paycheck.

Moments of clarity and their rarity ;-)

A quiet evening to myself.

My wonderful kids who are just human, like their mom. They bring a tremendous amount of joy. Along with pain and sorrow on occasion, but of course, I wouldn't trade any of it. It's all part and parcel.

My friends. I have no worries about being taken care of after my surgery. I've been inundated with offers of help.

Alexis, who doesn't mind wingin' it with me when I forget the box for our Monday meeting. I'm told we pulled it off pretty spectacularly well, and that we managed to entertain a few recently sobered up folks who needed some entertaining that night. Works out just like it's supposed to.

My dog, who loves me unconditionally, and who I will miss terribly while I'm recuperating.

Being so caught up in the mainstream of life. I am so fortunate and so blessed.

8 Comments:

  • At 8:34 AM, Blogger sirreene said…

    Wishing you a speedy recovery!

     
  • At 9:51 AM, Blogger Trudging said…

    Me too, best wishes for a speedy recovery!

     
  • At 7:39 PM, Blogger Scott W said…

    Tracie, I can't believe I just found you. You are the wonderful Tracie Alexis speaks so highly of. I just put it together. Duh, sometimes I can be such a jud head. Sounds like you will be well cared for after your surgery, relax and let things just flow as they are meant to.

     
  • At 7:54 PM, Blogger Mary Christine said…

    I am so glad you are posting again. I will keep you in my prayers.

     
  • At 12:55 PM, Blogger Tab said…

    Sounds like things are on track and you are doing your best.
    Friends make a difference and I am betting you can count on Lex'to help ya out anytime you need it:)
    I hope all goes well for you with your surgery.You have deffinately earned the guilt free time off to recoup!Take care.
    Thanks for sharing~

     
  • At 4:19 AM, Blogger NMAMFQLMSH said…

    Wonderful grateful list and I wish you well with your surgery.
    I see you,
    JJ

     
  • At 5:48 PM, Blogger Tab said…

    thinking about'cha!
    things are calming down a little around here..still a little tender around the maternal heart but I am learning..
    Take care..

     
  • At 3:36 PM, Blogger tkdjunkie said…

    Good luck with your surgery, and best wishes!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home