Sunlight of the Spirit

I'm living life one day at time, traveling along in the sunlight of the Spirit. And I don't let anyone get between me and my light...I belong to the most amazing circle of women friends. I know that with them, nothing is impossible.

Friday, March 03, 2006

Hallelujah It's Friday!!!

What a week and I'm glad it's over. It's not really so much that it was bad, just that it was so much and I'm very tired. So much going on. Got a call from Piper today from the labor room, so it looks like she really is having a baby. So many emotions all at once. Mostly fear for the baby. I guess I'm getting a little ahead of myself though, because I don't have a clue what's going to happen. Who knows. Everything may work out just fine. Alexis reminded me that I should turn it all over to God, where it belongs. So I am. I know it will turn out however it's supposed to. I'm really enjoying my evening - just hanging out around the house, watching old movies. What a blessing. I've been filling up my days with so much running (can't hit a moving target, right?), and I've just flat worn myself to a frazzle. So it's time to slow down a bit. It's such a wonderful thing to have friends who love me enough to tell me to quit running and just slow down. I think I've just been doing the running fast and hard to avoid having time to think about all that's going on. That way I don't have to feel it or process it. So, I'll quit it. Take it easy. Keep it simple. All that good stuff.

Today I'm grateful for:

The lack of insanity in my life. I've learned a lot about not putting myself in harm's way, and know that today, I choose a quiet, sane life bathed in the sunlight of the Spirit.

My very dear friends who love me unconditionally, and know how to tell me in a kind and loving way WHEN I'M BEING A FREAK AND TO STOP IT! God bless 'em both.

God, for showering me in grace and mercy every single day.

My boys. They are terrific. Trying at times, but terrific.

My health.

Being in a better place. At last.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:13 PM, Blogger Tab said…

    Your last line gave me goosebumps!
    I hear ya sista!
    Have a great weekend too and lets compare notes on the Oscars on Monday LOL> I love live TV!

     
  • At 6:16 AM, Blogger Mary Christine said…

    Have a great weekend :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home