Sunlight of the Spirit

I'm living life one day at time, traveling along in the sunlight of the Spirit. And I don't let anyone get between me and my light...I belong to the most amazing circle of women friends. I know that with them, nothing is impossible.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Glad to be Back


I say that because it almost feels like I've been away from home. I've gotten where I really enjoy this blogging thing, and miss it when I don't have time to do it. Things have been busy and then I was sick for a few days and didn't have the energy to do much of anything. The good thing about having to rest and take it easy for a few days is that I got a chance to do a little more praying and a chance to work on my perspective. Realized how much I've been stressing about things that are beyond my control. I haven't been talking about it much, mostly just keeping it to myself. That's never worked very well for me in the past, so I should know better. I think I'll quit it.

I had such a lovely weekend, in spite of not feeling very well. I went to some awesome meetings, hung out with some of the people I love most in the world, then had a couple of those very same people over for dinner and a movie. We hung out, saw "Walk the Line," and just relaxed. I can't think of a lovelier way to spend an evening and I'm so very grateful for the opportunity.

Today I'm grateful for people who love me enough to fuss at me when I'm not taking care of myself.

Good insurance.

A doctor that prefers the cautious approach.

My friends and family, who are comfortable enough to just hang out with me and do nothing.

The ability to recognize that those quiet moments with people I love are what peace and serenity look like to me today.

A God of my understanding and the ability to have a quiet conversation with Him, and a new found ability to listen on occasion.

19 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home