Sunlight of the Spirit

I'm living life one day at time, traveling along in the sunlight of the Spirit. And I don't let anyone get between me and my light...I belong to the most amazing circle of women friends. I know that with them, nothing is impossible.

Monday, February 20, 2006

Reaching Out

I was fortunate enough to attend what was possibly one of the most powerful meetings I've ever attended. A good friend in the program is in the hospital and a small group of us took a meeting to him in his room. We left it up to him to decide on a topic and he read from the paragraph on page 68 about trusting in an infinite God vs. our finite selves. We talked a lot about faith.

I've watched him walk thru so much with peace and dignity and grace. I am so profoundly grateful to be able to share even a part of his journey. Getting to know Steve and his wonderful wife has had a huge impact on my life. Even though they're dealing with...how do you describe what they're dealing with? Just to say his cancer or his terminal disease or whatever other terms I can come up with in my very limited vocabulary, it just doesn't seem big enough to really define it. And even though that's what they're going through, they both continue to reach out and help others on a daily basis.

Today I'm grateful for:

God.

My sobriety.

AA.

My family and my incredible friends.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:46 AM, Blogger Alexis said…

    like Forrest said, "and God showed up"........ : )

     
  • At 7:41 AM, Blogger Tracie said…

    He did, didn't He?

     
  • At 11:03 AM, Blogger Tab said…

    The support you are sharing is so inspiring Tracie!
    Thanks for sharing

     

Post a Comment

<< Home