Sunlight of the Spirit

I'm living life one day at time, traveling along in the sunlight of the Spirit. And I don't let anyone get between me and my light...I belong to the most amazing circle of women friends. I know that with them, nothing is impossible.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Mental Health Days

Thank you God, for a job that allows me to take a day off, just because I need to, once in a while. And I definitely needed it today. I really needed a "mental health day." I slept late, laid around and lolled about, took a long hot bath, sipped coffee and read the Grapevine that Pee Wee so kindly brought me. Probably the best use of a vacation day I can think of right now. I feel so much less stressed. I've just been overwhelmed lately with everything going on. I needed some time to rest and take it easy. And it's working. I got to spend a little more time praying and meditating this morning. Got to listen to the birds while I sat and drank my coffee this morning. I just need to remember to slow down. I get in such a rush to get things done, that I just get overwhelmed. What's amazing is I do it to myself. Every single time. Gotta work on that.

Today I'm grateful for:

My sobriety. Without it, I'm a goner.

My wonderful friends, both in and outside the program. I could never have gotten through any of this without them. They provide the light.

My job. It sure helps to be able to pay the bills!

My health.

My children.

My big sister. She rocks.

7 Comments:

  • At 12:42 PM, Blogger Alexis said…

    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWW : ) I'm SO glad you're doing better! I was wondering why you weren't emailing! : )

     
  • At 2:13 PM, Blogger Rex said…

    Glad to hear things are well..

     
  • At 3:17 PM, Blogger Tracie said…

    Amazing, isn't it, the difference a day (and a little effort) makes. Kind of feels like crawling out of a very dark hole.

     
  • At 3:23 PM, Blogger Tab said…

    I started to relax as I read your
    post here today, think I might go take a nap now :)
    thanks for sharing
    Tab

     
  • At 5:16 PM, Blogger Mary Christine said…

    Thanks for visiting my blog today. I am glad you got to take a MH day. I wanted to take one tomorrow, but I can't. Glad you are taking care of yourself :)

     
  • At 5:18 PM, Blogger dAAve said…

    Thanks for stopping by. Mental health days are necessary for all of us.

     
  • At 6:16 PM, Blogger Mary Christine said…

    Tracie, you have THE BEST profile picture.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home