Sunlight of the Spirit

I'm living life one day at time, traveling along in the sunlight of the Spirit. And I don't let anyone get between me and my light...I belong to the most amazing circle of women friends. I know that with them, nothing is impossible.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Into Action I Go

"Action may not always bring happiness; but there is no happiness without action." Benjamin Disraeli.

Taking action is definitely not always the easier, softer way. But one of the things I've learned is that taking or not taking action is my choice. Sounds simple, doesn't it? But it's not, really. Particularly when the action to be taken involves others. I have become very aware, thanks to AA, that my decisions and my actions have major and often profound effects on others. I've had to take some action lately that was absolutely right for me. But it will cause others some pain. And I hate that. I haven't given up people pleasing altogether, I guess. I've done some serious twisting about this, and managed to get a pretty major case of anticipatory anxiety about it on top of everything else. Of course, I have no idea how it will all turn out, but I know it will be okay. After all, it's in God's hands and that means it will be just fine. I just have to have faith. So that's it. Today, I will have faith that it will all be okay.

Today I am grateful for: my sobriety, my relationship with God, my amazing friends who continuously astonish and inspire me, my children, my sisters, and last but certainly not least, my little pug dog.

I'm also thankful for the for the friendship of an incredible young woman who has become a daughter and friend, and who constantly pushes me into trying new things and stepping outside my comfort zone. We've had some amazing adventures together and I'm looking forward to many more. And hot damn, the cook-off and rodeo are coming up and WE ARE GOING TO SEE GEORGE STRAIT. Yes, life is good.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:38 AM, Blogger Alexis said…

    sounds like you're not spinning nearly as much.....

    you forgot to mention softball starts in 2 1/2 weeks!

    and hell yes we are going to go to George Strait. we'll have to go buy some skinny jeans after all the time we've spent in the gym. : )

     
  • At 11:05 AM, Blogger Tracie said…

    Spinning much less and laughing much more.

    I didn't forget to mention it. I'm just trying not to obsess as I'm a wee bit nervous. That's one of those stepping out of my comfort zone things. You know how much I hate doing things I'm not good at in front of strangers. But I can't get better if I don't play more. So I'll just have to get over my silly character defects and do it anyway!

     
  • At 5:28 PM, Blogger Tab said…

    Setting your boundaries is healthy and sometimes others can take it personally.We are all on our own journeys, others will come to respect yours.Hope all works out well for you, I am sure it will.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Tab

     

Post a Comment

<< Home