Sunlight of the Spirit

I'm living life one day at time, traveling along in the sunlight of the Spirit. And I don't let anyone get between me and my light...I belong to the most amazing circle of women friends. I know that with them, nothing is impossible.

Monday, February 06, 2006

God is Managing My Affairs Today

Henry Ford said, "I believe God is managing affairs and that He doesn't need any advice from me. With God in charge, I believe everything will work out for the best in the end. So what is there to worry about." Why is it so hard for me to get that some days? I have been stressing and stressing and stressing (about the SOS, of course). Not good. Seems like today is a good day to start back at the beginning. The beginning of my sobriety that is. Today I need to really keep it simple. I'm making things way too complicated and they're really not. All I really need to do is remember to get up and pray, keep my side of the street clean, be grateful, and put one foot in front of the other. God will take care of the rest. So that's what I'm going to work on starting right now. Starting over at the beginning and remembering all the gratitude. I can remember how very grateful I felt for each day, just to be sober. That's an important lesson for me and one I can't afford to forget.

Today I am grateful for:
My sobriety, my children, my wonderful friends (I love you guys!), a wonderful and loving God, a job that pays me enough to allow me to do what I need to do to take care of myself, a safe place to lay my head down at night, and freedom from the slavery of alcohol.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home