Sunlight of the Spirit

I'm living life one day at time, traveling along in the sunlight of the Spirit. And I don't let anyone get between me and my light...I belong to the most amazing circle of women friends. I know that with them, nothing is impossible.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

The Concert

When the house lights dimmed and the concert was about to begin, the mother returned to her seat and discovered that the child was missing.

Suddenly, the curtains parted and spotlights focused on the impressive Steinway on stage.

In horror, the mother saw her little boy sitting at the keyboard, innocently picking out "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star."

At that moment, the great piano master made his entrance, quickly moved to the piano, and whispered in the boy's ear,

"Don't quit. Keep playing."

Then, leaning over, Paderewski reached down with his left hand and began filling
in a bass part. Soon his right arm reached around to the other side of the child,
and he added a running obbligato.

Together, the old master and the young novice transformed what could have been a frightening situation into a wonderfully creative experience.

The audience was so mesmerized that they couldn't recall what else the great master played.

Only the classic, " Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star."

Perhaps that's the way it is with God.

What we can accomplish on our own is hardly noteworthy. We try our best, but the results aren't always graceful flowing music.

However, with the hand of the Master, our life's work can truly be beautiful.

The next time you set out to accomplish great feats, listen carefully. You may hear the voice of the Master, whispering in your ear, "Don't quit." "Keep playing."

May you feel His arms around you and know that His hands are there, helping you turn your feeble attempts into true masterpieces.

Remember, God doesn't seem to call the equipped, rather, He equips the 'called.'

May God bless you and be with you always!

and remember, "Don't quit. Keep playing."

Today I am grateful for:

AA and the amazing fellowship of men and women who have taught me that if need be, I can walk through fire with their help.

My friend the kettle with whom I share an amazing bond. Thank you, God, for her presence in my life. She continues to enrich it just be being present and accounted for.

Jeanna, who provides me with such balance.

Most of all, God...I've had the great good fortune to witness firsthand His Grace in the last couple of days and I am simply breathless with awe.


8 Comments:

  • At 10:36 PM, Blogger Rex said…

    Great list. Thanks for sharing.

     
  • At 5:35 AM, Blogger Mary Christine said…

    What a lovely story. Thank you.

     
  • At 8:34 AM, Blogger Alexis said…

    Hey Pot! : ) Keep playing! The Heifer Posse is one hell of a band!

     
  • At 8:45 AM, Blogger Tracie said…

    Rock on, Kettle!

     
  • At 6:56 PM, Blogger Shannon said…

    that was such a cool story, thought I would come over and say hi... saw you on someones blog and wanted to say hi... :)

     
  • At 3:35 PM, Blogger Tab said…

    I love that,
    Keep Playing!!!!
    very cool,
    Thanks for sharing~

     
  • At 11:37 AM, Blogger Christine said…

    May you feel His arms around you and know that His hands are there, helping you turn your feeble attempts into true masterpieces.

    Remember, God doesn't seem to call the equipped, rather, He equips the 'called.'

    May God bless you and be with you always!

    and remember, "Don't quit. Keep playing."


    Thank you
    I needed this today.

     
  • At 6:53 PM, Blogger Tracie said…

    Bless you Christine. I friend sent that to me at exactly the moment I needed to see it (amazing how that works, isn't it?). Glad you enjoyed it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home